BY ACCESSING AND USING OUR SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS POLICY. As used herein, the term “Service” or “Services” include our websites, software, content, products and services, unless specifically stated otherwise. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not access or use our Services.
The Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us: When you engage in certain activities available within our Services (such as registering for a user account, downloading or using our software, ordering a product or service, registering your purchases, subscribing our newsletter, or submitting or posting content), we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, we may ask that you provide us personal information, including:
- Your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, and other personally identifying information;
- Username and password;
- Billing information, such as your name, address, telephone number and credit card number;
- Information you provide to us when sending us an inquiry or feedback, such as your name, e-mail address, and records of the issues you experience with our product or Services; and
- Other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services: When you use our Services, we collect information, including:
- Your use of our Services, including app features and web pages viewed, referring and exit pages, items shopped, preferred language, and how you configure your app settings;
- Location data, including the route, distance, time and speed of travel and precise location of your mobile device when you use our app to track your travel;
- Contacts information, including the address book on your device, which we may access to facilitate voice connection and other social interaction between you and other users using our app; and
- General technical data pertaining to you (such as information about the device you use to access our Services, operating system, type of browser, IP address, software and version, and other system information).
Shared Content/ Interaction and Communications among Users. When you use social features included in our Services (such as a forum, message board, group talk or chat, or other communication tools included in our Services), we collect information about you, including:
- Information about the people and groups you are connected to as you create, join or get added to groups while using our app and related Services (Such groups and lists will get associated with your account information);
- Information about your interaction with other users (for example, invite friends and sharing of information with friends); and
- Contents that you posted or shared using our Services (such as your profile photo, your GPS location data, message, comments or other information posted or shared through social features of our Services).
When you participate in social features, the information that you disclose will be visible to anyone who has access to our Services and may also be viewable outside of our websites or Services. You should exercise caution in all public postings, as the information you voluntarily disclose can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties. It may result in the disclosure of private information, for which we are not responsible.
Use of Information
We may use your personal and non-personal information for a variety of purposes.
To provide our products and services: We will use your information, including personal information, to operate our business and provide our products and services to you. For example, we may use such information to:
- Carry out your order or other transactions that you have requested;
- Facilitate connection between you and other users using our communication products and/or apps;
- Help finding and managing your friends list;
- Share any content or information you post or send via the social features of our Services;
- Analyze usage and activity trends to customize our Services;
- Enhance the operation of our Services and improve our product and service offerings;
- Identify, troubleshoot and solve bugs or errors;
- Perform internal operation, including, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; and
To provide you support: We will use your information, including personal information, to provide product and customer support services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Communicate with you concerning any product or service issues, including warranty service request, that you bring to our attention;
- Resolve any dispute or issue;
- Send you notice regarding safety recall if there is one;
- Send you order and shipping confirmation;
- Provide software updates to our products and apps; and
- Follow up and/or respond to any inquiry or submission received through our websites.
Commercial Messaging: We may also use the information collected from you to contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you and to improve our promotional offers. For example, we may send you newsletters, promotions, offers, and information about new product, service, or events.
Other legal purposes: We may also use your information for any other purpose as we determine, in our discretion, to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, public, and/or our Services, or to comply with requirements of any applicable law.
Do Not Sell
Sena does not sell the personal information we obtain from the consumer.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
With other users and general public: You may share information with other users or general public while you use the social features of our Services.
With the general public: Any information you upload, communicate, or otherwise make available in a public forum, such a community message board or public post, will be accessible by everyone.
With other users of our apps. We offer apps for mobile device that enables motorcycle riders to plan, share and track their ride information with other riders. Our apps (such as our RideConnected app) may allow users to engage in group voice talk and to share their precise location data and other tracked or planned route information with other app users. While you have some control over the level of sharing, certain information about you will be always public.
- Your account profile, including nickname and profile photo, and any information you choose to share publicly will be fully visible to all users, including users who are not your connection. Anyone will be able to search you and view your profile and public posts.
- You may be able to limit access to certain shared information to your “friends” (i.e. those whom you choose to connect and who also wish to connect with you). For example, you can select appropriate app setting to share your location data and tracked or planned route information with your friends only.
With other third parties: We may share your information with other third parties such as following.
- We may share your information with Sena’s parent, subsidiary or other affiliated companies.
- We may share your information with service providers or business partners who perform Services on our behalf or provide services and functionality.
- We may share information where it is necessary to carry out your instruction. For example, to process a payment instruction, we must provide your personal information to our payment processors.
- We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to comply with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- In the event we undergo a business transaction, such as a reorganization, divestiture, merger, sale or dissolution (including bankruptcy), we may share your information with the relevant third party before and after the transaction closes.
How to Update Your Information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can access and update most of your basic information by logging into your account and selecting to edit your profile. If you need to access, update, or delete other personal information that we may have, you can submit your request in writing to email@example.com. Before we permit your access or update your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide additional information. Where permitted by law, we may reject requests that are unreasonable or impractical.
Information that you have shared via our Services on any social network or third party platform cannot be amended or deleted by us where it is in the control of that social network or third party platform. In addition, where any third party copies information which you have made available via the use of our Services, we may not be able to amend or delete it because it may not be in our control.
Your Choices Regarding Collection and Use of Your Information
We may, from time to time, send you e-mail regarding our products and services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. Only Sena (or a marketing service provider working on behalf of Sena) will send you these direct mailings. If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information. Each commercial email we send you will also have an instruction how to opt out of receiving such communication.
You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of our Services may not work properly.
How We Keep Your Information Secure
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain appropriate technical and physical safeguards to help protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or access, destruction or alteration. However, no security measure is perfect, and for that reason, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. Therefore, you hereby agree to use our Services at your own risk. We do not assume the responsibility for the unauthorized use or access to your information under our control.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
From time to time, we may use the “cookies” feature of applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer or mobile device about your visit and use of our Services.
Please note that these third parties collect and use information under their own privacy policies, and we have little control over these third party cookies. Please consult the respective privacy policies for these external services to understand their practice concerning privacy. Third party analytics companies and other external services that operate in our Services include the following:
- Google Analytics
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at our Web site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
Do Not Track Signal
We currently do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals as no DNS standard has been adopted.
Third Party Sites and Services Accessible From Our Site
Notice Concerning Children
Our Services are intended for general audience and not for – and we don’t direct them to – anyone under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Users Outside the United States
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Legal Division
152 Technology Dr.
Irvine, CA 92618
You may also contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.